Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Moped Club

So I used to be a part of the Jeep Wrangler club. This club was basically everyone who drove one happily waved to each other as they drove past one another. Each of them getting this glowing feeling of the mutual understanding for the love we both had for our beloved wranglers. They have the slogan "It's a jeep thing....you wouldn't understand" and it is true, unless you own and love them, you really just wouldn't understand. It was a very prideful, and non competitive club to be in as you passed your fellow jeepers on the road. When one is 4 wheeling it is a little different, then you want to be bigger and better so you can climb vertical rocks and look cool, but I am simply talking about the road club here.



When my car was totaled last year I forcibly retired my membership, and joined the Honda S2000 club. This was ok, I just wanted a convertible, and this car was super cute, but it turns out mostly males drive this because they all want to race. Not such a user friendly club on the road, it is all about who is faster, and nobody waves. I sold that cute little bumble bee and now am car payment free :)




I have since joined a new club....the moped club. Now this is a club that is filled with the shameless mopeders, who get inner joy out of knowing they just spent $3 for the week to drive around. While it is a great feeling to know how much money you are saving, the club is scarcely populated. When you do see a fellow mopeder, some will wave, but I fear letting go of my handle my send me into an embarrassing crash, and I mostly just try to pretend I am invisible, and try to stare straight ahead. The only thing that brings any sense of coolness to the moped club when you have another one on the road, is that it takes about 50% of the loserness off of yourself, and spreads it evenly between the two of you. You don't feel quite as alone when you get to witness another moped riding down the road, you tell yourself, phew, someone gets me. It really isn't the most terrible thing to be riding, but I must say I do shrink a little in size when a sweet motorcylce pulls up beside me and waits at a stop light. I just sink into my seat and try to become smaller, and pretend I can't hear their loud rumbling machine sitting there next to me. All in all it is decent, and the pink hawaiian flowers covering my hog do make it a little more cute, at least that is what I keep telling myself. I have named him, er her, well him/her chicken chase.

I must say I do miss my old club....

No comments:

Post a Comment